Soft Tissue - Live Patient
Whether eliminating gummy smiles, closing gaps between teeth, tackling black triangles or reducing gingival recession, our soft tissue surgical course gives you the tools you need and the confidence you require to transform a patient's mouth and return to them a cosmetically appealing smile they can be proud of.
Free Gingival Graft (FGG)
This procedure is useful for eliminating aberrant frenum pulls, halting the progress of gingival recessions, preventing recession around esthetic restorations and increasing attached gingiva.
Subepithelial Connective Tissue Graft (CTG)
This procedure combines the most positive features of the free gingival graft and the pedical graft, namely good tissue keratinization and additional blood supply for higher predictability.
Learn how to choose where and when to use a CTG and how they are effective for root coverage in cases of severe recession on isolated or multiple teeth, especially in the maxilla where
esthetic root coverage is often desirable.
In addition , you will also learn to use tissue bank dermis as an alternative to autogenous tissue in soft tissue grafting procedures.
Santo Domingo, Domincan Republic
June 2-4, 2017
November 16-18, 2017
April 12-14, 2018
October 18-20, 2018
- Recognize the prevalence of recession defects in the dental practice populations.
- Diagnose and treatment plan soft tissue grafts for predictable results.
- Review anatomy, biology, and blood supply of gingival soft tissue.
- Learn the key principles in flap design, harvesting of donor tissue, and soft tissue suturing.
- Learn the steps in treating multiple recession sites in a single surgical visit.
- Anticipate and prevent complications in soft tissue grafting to treat recession.
- Learn specific techniques for management of soft tissue healing complications.